Monday, September 19, 2011

All Things Considered

On Saturday, Maya and I headed to Rowlesburg to visit Justin (Foggy Mountain), Cassie and Debra to watch the Mountaineers take on Maryland on ESPN U. It was a little chilly out, so I made a sweet potato stew to take up (recipe will follow) and Cassie and Justin cooked up some of their famous chili. Debra brought M&M's for herself. She also whipped up some special chip dip...I didn't try it, maybe she will post the recipe later. Debra's father also came across the street to watch the game with us.
As soon as I arrived I knew I was in trouble. As I was walking in, Debra was walking out complaining that Cassie has too many rules and that she was going home to close some windows and would be back later. Now, Cassie does have some rules. You must be seated before kickoff (I was late), no talking during play or commentary, food is served promtly at half time and swearing is aloud. I managed to play by the rules, except the whole being late thing...but I really didn't care. Justin helped me with my blog layout during halftime, which was a great help...I think I am a bit slow when is comes to designing websites and things like that.
The Mountaineers thankfully defeated the Terps and everyone was happy. The food was great and Maya and Buster (Justin and Cassie's Dog) had a great time playing. We took a trip to the Meadow after the game for a camp fire and to let the dogs run some. We had a great time and had great conversation. Alot of the conversation had to do with the upcoming hunting season and how taking Debra to the airport would be a good opportunity to go to Cabelas. The fire was extinguished and we headed back to Justin's house and sat on the porch and yaked for a bit before Maya and I headed back to Motown.
*This is a special note about my friend Debra- Debra is a very special friend. She is also Justin's mom. I have only known her for a few years, but I would classify her as a cyber friend. We are facebook friends and I often try to insult her online, but she is a bigger cyber bully than I am so it never works out for me. She often gets annoyed and blames others for her problems or runs away to 'close up windows' at her house. We all know she dosen't have that many windows and that she is most likely just napping. Reguardless she is a great person and I often value her insight and opinion...she is also the official tour guide and Queen of Rowlesburg.
This weekend is the LSU vs WVU game. ESPN is bringing gameday to Motown and we are having an awsome tailgate party, most likely lasting all day. Justin and Cassie are supposed to be coming, Debra was invited but I doubt she will show up.



No comments:

Post a Comment